Pasar Organic Sweet Corn
Sweet corn is a grain plant originated from southern Mexico. Its kernels are tender, delicious and eaten as a vegetable in many cuisines worldwide.
• Includes the antioxidants beta-carotene and lutein: Prevents eye diseases and improves eyesight
• Rich in fibre: Boost digestive health
• Vitamin E: Essential for promotion of growth and immune system
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
Ways to enjoy:
• Sautéed with your favourite seasonings and cook for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
• Use it as part of the ingredients into making corn chowder
Refrigerating fresh sweet corn:
• Wrap the corn in a damp paper bag
• Place the corn in a resealable plastic bag: Squeeze out as much of the air inside as possible, then seal it up.
• Keep the bagged corn in the refrigerator for up to a week
Freezing the sweet corn:
• Shuck the corn: Strip away the loose leaves from the outside of the husk.
• Blanch the corn for 7-10 minutes: Allow it to boil between 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the size of the corn.
• Move the blanched corn to an ice bath: It should sit in the ice bath for roughly the same amount of time they were boiled, between 5-10 minutes.
• Dry off the corn with paper towels
• Seal the corn in an airtight plastic zipper bag
• Freeze the corn for up to 1 year: Thaw the corns to just above room temperature before using them to prepare your favourite dishes or add them straight to a pot of boiling water if you plan on serving them on the cob.