Over the past 40 years we have achieved several milestones which would not have been possible without you - the consumers. Browse through out Milestones achieved by each decade.Expand All
- FairPrice renews staff volunteerism commitment and continues to contribute to the community in celebration of SG50 and commits to 5,000 hours through its FairPrice staff volunteer program this year.
- FairPrice introduces Food Waste Index to track food waste and launches the Food Waste Initiative.
- FairPrice officially launches FairPrice Hub and High-Tech Distribution Centre featuring automated systems that is the first in Asia Pacific. Additional $50 million was pledged to benefit the community.
- FairPrice launches first Enabled Store customised to serve seniors and persons with disabilities.
- FairPrice introduced Scan2Go initiative to enhance customers' shopping experience and achieve higher productivity.
- FairPrice commemorated the topping out of its FairPrice Hub, which will house a new High-Tech Distribution Centre, offices and commercial space, with a donation of $4.3 million to the National Trades Union Congress.
- FairPrice introduced Warehouse Club which offers savings for groceries and consumables through bulk buys, multi-packs and exclusive brands for members.
- FairPrice Online introduced Click&Collect self-collection service to further enhance customers convenience.
- FairPrice developed framework to engage community and partners to reduce food waste.
- NTUC Social Enterprises offered special discounts and preferential treatment for pioneers, including a 3% discount for pioneers on Mondays and a dedicated checkout lane for pioneers.
- Cheers launched new logo at opening of new outlet at Kallang Wave Mall; commemorates milestone with community initiative to benefit less fortunate children.
- FairPrice offers special discounts and preferential treatment for pioneers as part of NTUC's Social Enterprises' "Pioneer's OK" package.
- Warehouse Club is launched to offer members savings for groceries and consumables through bulk buys, multi-packs and exclusive brands
- Cheers announced a new franchise programme to encourage the spirit of entrepreneurship among Singaporeans, inject new energy into the Cheers brand and boost business growth to provide more convenience to customers.
- FairPrice Foundation launched "Do Good" initiative to encourage youths to make positive difference in the society.
- FairPrice celebrated 40th anniversary with a $40 million contribution to the Labour Movement, customers, employees and the less-privileged in the workforce and community.
- FairPrice Foundation donated $1 million in food vouchers to needy families at the inaugural "FairPrice Walks with U".
- New uniforms were launched as part of FairPrice's continued effort to complement the developments at FairPrice stores and pursuit for service excellence.
- FairPrice opened its sixth hypermarket at JEM and 14th Finest store at Zhongshan Park respectively.
- FairPrice launched its iPhone app to better connect with its customers.
- FairPrice extended its reach in giving back to the community by stepping up on its volunteer programme.
- FairPrice introduced 'Celebrating Active Seniors' in a move to encourage active living, and healthy eating among its staff and customers.
- FairPrice opened fifth hypermarket at Changi Business Park, which also marked its first hypermarket in the Eastern part of Singapore.
- FairPrice introduced the SME Suppliers Support & Development Programme (SSDP) to help local SMEs cope with business challenges and grow their business.
- FairPrice launched 'Stretch Your Dollar' programme to help consumers cope with inflation.
- FairPrice opened fourth hypermarket at nex.
- FairPrice celebrated the opening of its 100th store at Serangoon village.
- FairPrice opened seventh Finest store at Clementi Mall.
- All FairPrice stores offered payment by Visa.
- FairPrice introduced self checkout counters and electronic shelf-labelling to boost productivity in stores.
- FairPrice joined hands with OCBC Bank and NTUC Link to open the first Plus! Lite branch at FairPrice Xtra @ Jurong Point.
- FairPrice added Australia to its stable of contract farms.
- FairPrice opened fourth Finest store in Marine Parade.
- FairPrice and the Singapore Kindness Movement (SKM) launched a joint appeal to shoppers to return trolley after use.
- FairPrice reinforces promise to deliver excellent service with new service motto, Service from the Heart.
- FairPrice launched new housebrand label, Pasar Indonesia.
- FairPrice launched Brunei Halal, an exclusive range of Halal-certified food products imported from Brunei.
- As part of its service journey, FairPrice hosted an inaugural Partners' Convention to heighten awareness of the development of a customer-focused organisational culture to its key stakeholders.
- FairPrice and Saigon Union of Trading Co-operatives enter joint venture to build hypermarket chain in Vietnam.
- FairPrice opened third hypermarket at Jurong Point.
- FairPrice Xpress unveiled 24-hour grocery mart concept.
- S$41 million automated sortation and conveyor system unveiled to support business expansion.
- FairPrice launched Green Lifestyle Campaign, to commemorate World Environment Day on 5 June 2009.
- FairPrice debuted on Facebook with 1,000 fans in the first 3 hours of launch.
- FairPrice opened Singapore's first PERGAS-audited supermarket at Joo Chiat Complex.
- FairPrice Walk For Rice @ South East raised half a million bowls of rice for 5,000 needy families.
- Launch of DHL SERVICEPOINT at FairPrice Xpress and Cheers.
- FairPrice Foundation launched sports scholarship for athletes - Asian Youth Games 2009.
- FairPrice fostered greater community bonding with the official opening of Kang Kar Mall.
- FairPrice opened Singapore's first eco-friendly supermarket at City Square Mall.
- NTUC FairPrice partnered the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) to encourage consumers to choose frozen meat in order to eat well for less.
- NTUC FairPrice Foundation, a registered charity organisation that is fully funded by NTUC FairPrice, was launched with a pledge of S$50 million over 10 years.
- Second FairPrice Finest store opened at Thomson Plaza.
- A new NTUC FairPrice logo was unveiled by Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew.
- First FairPrice Finest opened at Bukit Timah Plaza.
- Jointly developed with OCBC, FairPrice Plus was launched to provide hassle-free banking solutions to customers.
- Second FairPrice Xtra opened at Hougang Point.
- The daily "FairPrice Green Rewards" initiative was implemented to reward customers with 10 cent rebate for a minimum S$10 purchase for bringing their own bag.
- NTUC FairPrice and ExxonMobil celebrated the completion of the conversion of all petrol marts at Esso and Mobil service stations to FairPrice Xpress and Cheers convenience stores.
- The "Stretch Your Dollar" programme kicked off with a 5 percent discount on 500 essential housebrand products and tips to help consumers fight inflation.
- First FairPrice Xtra opened at Ang Mo Kio Hub, introducing a new hypermart retail format designed to offer a complete shopping destination for the entire family.
- NTUC FairPrice and ExxonMobil announced the rollout of their service station retail alliance to all Esso and Mobil service stations in Singapore, converting all the petrol marts into FairPrice Xpress and Cheers convenience stores.
- Just Wine Club was launched to cultivate wine appreciation amongst FairPrice customers.
- NTUC FairPrice became the first retailer in Singapore to build, own and manage a refrigerated Fresh Food Distribution Centre.
- FairPrice Baby Plus Club was introduced to reach out to young families.
- NTUC FairPrice signed an agreement with ExxonMobil Asia Pacific to form an alliance to convert all Esso and Mobil service stations in Singapore to either FairPrice Xpress or Cheers convenience stores.
- FairPrice Online was introduced so that customers can shop from home.
- NTUC FairPrice achieved Super Brand status with the Business Superbrands Council.
- Million Dollar Food Voucher scheme for needy families was launched.
- 2% discount for Senior Citizens on Tuesdays was implemented at all FairPrice stores.
- LinkPoints loyalty programme was rolled out to provide greater value and savings to customers.
- NTUC FairPrice took full ownership of its warehouse and distribution company, a joint venture set up in 1993, and renamed it Grocery Logistics of Singapore Pte Ltd (GLS).
- NTUC FairPrice launched a new store format - Cheers, a 24-hour convenience chainstore aimed at appealing to the younger generation.
- NTUC FairPrice introduced a basket of Everyday Low Price (EDLP) essential items priced equal to or lower than competitors to ensure affordability.
- NTUC FairPrice absorbed the 3 percent GST for a year after the tax was launched.
- First retailer in Singapore to implement bar-coding at check-out counters to improve productivity and customer convenience.
- The “Heartstring Buys” Project was unveiled to raise funds for the Community Chest.
- FairPrice housebrand products were introduced to offer better value and savings to customers.
- NTUC Welcome and Singapore Employees Co-operative (SEC) merged to form NTUC Fairprice Co-operative Ltd.
- The Used Textbook Project was launched to help needy families provide for their children’s education, promote environmental friendliness and encourage the value of thrift.