- • Wash free and ready to cook
- • Delicious antioxidants together with fiber and essential vitamins and minerals
Country of Origin
- • Can be eaten in clusters or separated.
- • Clean: Do not wash Maitake mushrooms because it will reduce its flavour.
- • Ready-to-cook: Maitake can be taken from the pack without washing and separated by hand before cooking.Ways to enjoy:
- Maitake possess strong umami and aroma, making them an ingredient highly compatible with various dishes:
- • Stir-fries – Maitake features a chewy texture after stir-frying with oil
- • Soup – Maitake’s umami components & aroma makes it good for broths
- • Deep-fried foodNote:
- When you separate Maitake by hand, some black liquid known as polyphenol, from the mushroom may be present. It is nutritious and can be consumed.If you are concerned about the colour of polyphenol, boil the mushrooms briefly to eliminate the black liquid.
- • Store the mushrooms in the refrigerator and consume within one week of storage
- • Once the packaging is opened, it is recommended to consume as soon as possible
- • For prolonged storage after opening of package, wrap leftover mushrooms with a paper towel and store them in an unsealed bag - This is to keep them dry and prevent rotting