FairPrice India Ponni Rice - Parboiled
Ponni rice is a variety of rice widely cultivated in India. It is much smaller in size and has a pale yellowish hue. is produced through a unique method of soaking, steaming and drying before miling.
It is widely used in Indian dishes. When cooked, it has an extra fluffy, firmer and separated texture making it perfect for dishes such as pilafs, side dishes and salads.
• Double the fibre compared to white rice
• Rich in niacin: Boost heart health
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
• To Prepare Rice:
1. Wash rice (400g) well and drain
2. Heat oil (2 tablespoons) in a wok and add cinnamon stick (1 piece) and rice
3. Stir fry for 5 minutes
4. Add water or stock, tomato paste (4 tablespoons) and salt
5. Transfer to a rice cooker and cook till done
6. Garnish with coriander leaves
7. Serve hot
Store in a cool and dry place