Hokto Maitake Mushroom
Any 2 for $2.70
Till 1st Mar 2023
- • Wash free and ready to cook
- Freshness Guarantee for Online Orders:
- • We pick the freshest item(s) and deliver to your doorstep
- • Opt for a refund within 3 days of delivery if your items are not delivered fresh
- • Check out our refund policy for fresh in the T&C for more details
Country/place of Origin
- • Can be eaten in clusters or separated.
- • Clean: Do not wash Maitake mushrooms because it will reduce its flavour.
- • Ready-to-cook: Maitake can be taken from the pack without washing and separated by hand before cooking.Ways to enjoy:
- Maitake possess strong umami and aroma, making them an ingredient highly compatible with various dishes:
- • Stir-fries – Maitake features a chewy texture after stir-frying with oil
- • Soup – Maitake’s umami components & aroma makes it good for broths
- • Deep-fried foodNote:
- When you separate Maitake by hand, some black liquid known as polyphenol, from the mushroom may be present. It is nutritious and can be consumed.If you are concerned about the colour of polyphenol, boil the mushrooms briefly to eliminate the black liquid.
- • To maintain its optimum quality for longer, store the item(s) whole in the fridge
- • Best consumed within 14 days of delivery
- • For prolonged storage after opening of package, wrap leftover mushrooms with a paper towel and store them in an unsealed bag - This is to keep them dry and prevent rotting