50ml Woh Hup Abalone Sauce
60g Lotus root (cut into chunks)*
130g Brinjal (cut into pieces)
200g Taukwa (sliced)
100g Chinese sausage / Lap Cheong (sliced)
50g Garlic sprout (cut into 2-inch lengths)*
3 cloves Garlic (sliced)
120g Crispy roast pork (cut into bite-sized pieces)*
50ml Chinese wine (Hua Tiao Chiew)
100ml Chicken stock
1 tbsp Dark soy sauce
½ tbsp Cooking oil (for lotus root)
1 tbsp Cooking oil (for taukwa)
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Blanch lotus root in boiling water for 3 mins. Remove and pat dry.
- In a frying pan, add cooking oil and fry lotus root till brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add brinjal, fry till brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add another tbsp of oil, fry taukwa till brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add Chinese sausage, garlic and garlic sprouts. Fry till fragrant.
- Add roast pork and mix in abalone sauce.
- Return lotus root and brinjal back into pan.
- Deglaze with Chinese wine and chicken stock, then stir.
- Add dark soy sauce and taukwa back into pan, then mix.
- Serve in a claypot.