240g Cucumber (seeds removed, and cut into 5cm)
240g Pineapple (cut into 1 inch pieces)
120g Long beans (cut into 5cm)
120g Carrots (cut into 5cm)
40g Red chillies (cut into 5cm strips)
60g Ground toasted peanuts
20g Toasted sesame seeds
150ml White vinegar
30ml Calamansi juice*
8 tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Salt
3 Cloves garlic
½ tbsp Tumeric
2 tbsp Minced lemongrass
30g Red chillies (seeds removed)
10g Dried chillies (seeds removed and soaked in water)
20g Toasted belachan
3 tbsp Peanut oil
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Spread out carrots and cucumber sticks onto a tray. Sprinkle with salt. Set aside for 45 minutes.
- Blanch long beans for 45 seconds. Strain and set aside.
- Transfer the carrots and cucumbers onto a towel and squeeze out the excess water. Add to large mixing bowl.
- Add pineapple chunks, red chillies and blanched long beans
- Blend spice paste ingredients into a smooth paste in a food processor.
- Stir fry spice paste in pan until fragrant.
- Add white vinegar, calamansi juice, sugar and salt. Mix well and bring to simmer.
- Pour the sauce over the achar vegetables mix. Sprinkle ground toasted peanuts and sesame seeds. Mix evenly.
- Let it sit for at least 1 hour at room temperature before eating. For best results, leave it overnight in the fridge and enjoy it the next day.