1 can Golden Chef Australian Premium Wild Abalone
1 White Pomfret*
100g Chives/Garlic Flower (Cut into 3cm length)*
30g Chinese Celery (Cut into 3cm length)
30g Large Shiitake Mushroom (Sliced)
2 stalks Spring Onion (Cut into 2cm length)
1 tsp Golden Chef Sesame Oil
400ml FairPrice Canola Oil
Seasoning for Pomfret Bone Frame:
½ tsp Chilli Powder
½ tsp Curry Powder
1 tbsp Corn Flour
A dash of White Pepper
A dash of Golden Chef Sesame Oil
Seasoning for Pomfret Fillet:
½ tsp Salt
1 tbsp Corn Flour
Seasoning for Stir-Frying:
½ tsp Golden Chef Sesame Oil
1 tbsp FairPrice Canola Oil
1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 Young Ginger (Thumb-size, Minced)
3 cloves Garlic (Minced)
1 tbsp Abalone Brine
2 tbsp Water
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Strain the can of abalone and keep the brine / stock for other uses like steamboat or porridge etc. Reserve 1 tbsp of brine for stir frying vegetables later. Slice the abalone thinly and set aside.
- Remove meat from pomfret, leaving its bone frame intact. Rub fish bone with the seasoning and leave it to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Slice fish meat thinly and season the fish slices.
- Add 400ml of FairPrice Canola Oil in a pan and deep fry fish bone until crispy. Drain and set aside.
- In the same oil, deep fry fish fillet for about 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a wok pan, heat up 1 tbsp of FairPrice Canola Oil. Stir fry the mushrooms until golden brown. Add in chive flowers and stir fry together.
- Add in ½ tsp of sesame oil, 1 tbsp of soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Stir well then add in water, abalone brine and Chinese celery.
- When almost ready, add in abalone slices and toss briefly for about 30 seconds.
- Add in spring onions and a touch of sesame oil just before dishing up.
- Place stir-fried ingredients and deep-fried fish fillet on top of the fish bone and dish is ready to serve.