160g Brioche Bread Cubes (or any bread)
1 tbsp Cooking Oil
Icing Sugar, to dust (optional)
Whipped Cream Cheese (optional)
For Pudding Mix:
1/3 cup Sugar
1 cup Milk (at room temperature)
1 Ripe Banana (mashed)
2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
Pinch of Salt
For Caramelised Banana:
1 Banana, sliced
1 tbsp Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease each ramekin (or oven-safe cups) lightly with oil.
- In a bowl, whisk the Pudding Mix ingredients together thoroughly, ensuring all the sugar is dissolved.
- Divide bread cubes equally into the ramekins.
- Spoon over Pudding Mix coating all the bread cubes evenly so they can absorb the mix, leaving 0.5cm from the rim as they will rise a little. Let them sit for 3 mins to set.
- Bake the puddings for about 20 – 25min until there is no runny/sticky pudding mix left when you press on it or poke it with a knife. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 mins.
- Lightly coat both sides of the banana slices in sugar. Fry them in a non-stick pan over high heat for 2 – 3mins or until brown and sticky. Flip and cook for an additional 1 min. Let them cool on a baking paper lined plate.
- Garnish the bread pudding with the caramelised bananas and caramel sauce. Additionally, you can dust icing sugar or opt for cream cheese over the caramel sauce.