1 can Golden Chef Australian Baby Abalone 8s
1 pkt Roasted chestnut
12 Quail eggs, hard boiled and deshelled
1 Old ginger (medium sized), sliced
2 Garlic, sliced
2 Shallot, sliced
2 tbsps Soya sauce
1 tbsp Sugar
100 ml Rice wine
2 tbsps Red yeast paste*
100 ml Chicken stock
1 stalk Spring onion, sliced for garnish)
1 stalk Coriander leaves, for garnish*
Cornstarch, for thickening (optional)
2 tbsps Canola oil
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store
- Boil Golden Chef Australian Baby Abalone in can for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool before opening. Drain well.
- Fry old ginger in hot canola oil over slow fire till lightly brown.
- Remove ginger and fry the quail eggs.
- Removed the eggs, strain the oil from the wok. In the same wok, add in shallots, garlic and red yeast paste, and fry till fragrant.
- Add in rice wine to deglaze the wok, add chicken stock and all other ingredients (except abalone) and quick fry in high heat.
- Add baby abalone and toss well. Thicken with cornstarch.
- Garnish with spring onions and coriander leaves. Ready to serve.