1 tbsp Olive oil
1 clove Garlic (sliced)
250ml Chicken or Vegetable stock
Salt (to taste)
Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
Cooking cream (to drizzle)
Not only is broccoli soup super yummy but it’s rich in various nutrients such as Vitamin A, C, E, antioxidants, phytochemicals and fibre – all playing a part in helping increase antibodies, moderate and enhance immune function and protecting your cells from damage.
- Wash and cut broccoli to florets, chop garlic.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and fry chopped garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour chicken or vegetable stock into the pan and add the broccoli florets.
- Bring to boil and reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes, until the broccoli is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. When it’s slightly cooled, transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls and drizzle with cream to serve.