1.8kg Whole Chicken
200g Young Ginger, sliced
150g Spring Onion
150g Chicken Bouillon Cube
45g Rock Sugar
For brown rice & jasmine rice
375g FairPrice Brown Rice
375g Jasmine Rice
150g Pandan Leaves
75g Shallot, finely blended
75g Garlic, finely blended
75g Young Ginger, sliced
75g Blue Ginger, finely sliced
30g FairPrice Canola Oil
40g Chicken Bouillon Cube
- Heat up water in a deep pot until it boils. Add in all the ingredients (except the chicken) and seasoning.
- Slowly submerge the whole chicken, lower the flame and poach for 45 minutes.
- Soak the chicken in cold water for 15 minutes before cutting the chicken.
- Set aside.
- Heat up wok with oil, add the young ginger, blue ginger and fry until golden brown.
- Add the garlic and shallot, continue frying until fragrant.
- Add pandan leaves and chicken bouillon stock (chicken bouillon cube mixed with 900ml of water) into the pot.
- When the stock boils, pour it onto brown rice and Jasmine rice in the rice cooker and cook for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with chicken and condiments, such as garlic chilli or dark soy sauce.