300g Chicken Tenders
100g Shimeji Mushrooms
4-5 pcs of Chilli Padi
150g Red Capsicum (sliced)
2 Medium sized eggs
1 cup Brown Rice
1 tbsp Soy Sauce (can be substituted with light soy sauce)
1 tsp Pepper
2½ tbsp Olive Oil
½ tbsp Freshly Minced Garlic
1 tsp Lemon Juice
Capsicum (Red bell peppers) and mushrooms contains abundant vitamins and minerals to help boost metabolism when consumed regularly. Garlic has powerful antimicrobial properties to help protect you from diseases while protein from the chicken and egg help repair body tissue and fight viral and bacterial infections. Even olive oil provides you with antioxidants to protect your cells against damage.
- Cook brown rice in rice cooker.
- Slice chicken tenders to bite size pieces and season with garlic, pepper and soy sauce. Leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Slice chilli padi and remove seeds.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and fry sunny side up eggs. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and stir fry chicken tenders till slightly brown.
- Add chilli padi and fry for 2 minutes. Dish out the chicken tenders, garlic and chilli padi onto the serving plate.
- Using the same pan, add ½ tbsp olive oil and fry chopped capsicum and mushrooms till soft (approximately 2 minutes).
- Assemble brown rice, chicken, capsicum, mushrooms and sunny side up eggs in a bowl. Drizzle a bit of lemon juice on top.