3 Chicken Breast, butterflied
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Garlic powder
1 tbsp Onion powder
1 tbsp Smoked paprika
2 tbsp Mustard
Salt & black pepper, to taste
1 cup Plain flour
2 Eggs, whisked
3 cup Panko, with salt & black pepper to taste
½ Red Onion, fine diced
2 tbsp Curry powder, to taste
½ cup Ketchup, to taste
½ tsp Black pepper
Red cabbage, shredded
- Prep Chicken: Butterfly the breast evenly. Next, place the chicken breast between two plastic wraps, using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound the chicken as thin as you can without tearing it, around 0.7 cm or so. Set aside. Repeat with the remaining chicken breast.
- Combine the marinade ingredients and gently rub on each flattened breast carefully making sure not to tear it. Let it rest for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet or a shallow pan over medium heat with enough oil to cover the breast.
- Dredging: Next prepare the dredging station by putting the flour, whisked eggs and seasoned panko in separate bowls in that order. Coat each breast in the flour, dusting off any excess, followed by the egg, coating it fully and lastly, dredge it through the breadcrumbs.
- Check the temp of the oil by dropping a breadcrumb to see if it sizzles. Fry the schnitzel one at a time until golden brown, about 3 – 4 mins per side. Rest on a wire rack or over a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Curry Ketchup: Microwave red onions for 1 – 2 mins on high, until softened. Combine with curry powder, pepper & ketchup. Set aside.
- Serve schnitzels with curry ketchup, a side of sauerkraut and salad if desired.