6 cups Chicken Broth
300g fresh Chinese Watercress washed
4 cloves Garlic peeled and smashed with side of the knife
2 slices of 3-inch fresh Ginger peeled and lightly bruised to release flavour
200g Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs cut into small bite size
8 Red Dates
1 large Tomato quartered
¼ cup Goji Berries washed
1 cube Chicken Bouillon
½ tsp Sugar or more to taste
Salt to taste
- Place 8 cups of chicken broth in a pot and bring to a boil. Add garlic, ginger, chicken pieces, better than bouillon (or bouillon cube) and red dates.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the watercress and tomato, cook for another 10 minutes or until the watercress and its stems are soft.
- Add goji berries last and cook for another 5 minutes. Season with salt to your taste.
- Remove from the heat and serve while it is hot
Recipe courtesy of What To Cook Today