115g Butter, salted
1/4 tsp Salt
2 tsp Fine Sugar
125g All-Purpose Flour
4 large Eggs, beaten
Truffle Cream Cheese
1/2 cup Butter, softened
1/2 cup Cream Cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (the longer the age, the better)
2 tbsp Spring Onions, sliced
1 clove Garlic, minced
1/2 tsp Truffle Oil (or 10-12 shavings of fresh white truffle)*
50g Aged Gouda*
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- To make the choux pastry, mix butter, water and milk in a sauce pot. Set to simmer.
- Add flour, sugar and salt to the simmering mix. Stir consistently with a wooden spoon. After the flour forms into a dough ball, mash it hard with the wooden spoon for 4-6 mins. Allow to cool for 5 mins.
- Add eggs to the dough, one at a time. Mix and stir well until fully incorporated, before adding in the next egg. Once all the eggs have been added and the dough looks shiny, transfer it into a piping bag. Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pipe small mounds of choux pastry about 1.5 inches in diameter. Pipe them at least 2 inches apart as they will swell up to twice their size!
- Bake in oven for 15-20 mins until they have puffed up. Reduce oven temperature to 170°C and then finish baking for another 10-15 mins until golden brown. Refrain from opening the oven too many times.
- Make Truffle Cream Cheese by combining butter, cream cheese, parmesan, spring onions, garlic and truffle oil/truffle slices.
- Slice open the choux pastry and fill it with cream cheese. Serve with a generous grating of aged gouda on top of each serving