Baked Churros Batter:
40g unsalted butter
10g white/brown sugar
Pinch of salt
50g plain flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp melted unsalted butter
1 cup white sugar
1⁄4 tsp salt
1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- Preheat the toaster oven to 200 ̊C.
- In a medium saucepan, add water, brown sugar, salt, and butter. Cook until everything is melted and dissolved.
- Once it’s simmering, whisk in the flour. Stir the dough around with a wooden spoon and cook for 2 – 3 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from the heat and spread out the dough in a large bowl.
- Add vanilla extract to the beaten eggs. Gradually incorporate the beaten eggs into the dough in 6 parts. Make sure the dough is of a tacky consistency.
- Transfer the cooled dough to a pastry bag fitted with a wide-hole nozzle.
- Pipe the base of the dough into 8cm – 10cm circles. Continue piping along the rim of the dough and upwards to form a cup-like shape. Spray water onto the dough before baking.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake the pastry at 200 ̊C for 20 minutes then 180 ̊C for 10 minutes.
- Let the pastry cool for 5 minutes before brushing it with melted butter. Toss it in the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Serve with ice cream and sprinkles.