600gm all-purpose flour
110gm granulated sugar
7gm granulated salt
85gm soft unsalted butter
235gm full-fat UHT milk, room temperature
7gm instant yeast
2 medium size eggs
1 egg yolk
For Cinnamon Filling:
250gm Perfect Italiano Mozzarella Grated Cheese
180gm brown sugar
20gm cinnamon (or to taste)
85gm super soft unsalted butter
For Cream Cheese Glaze:
115gm cream cheese
90gm icing sugar
1 tsp of vanilla powder/essence
45ml full-fat UHT milk
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store
- Add flour, sugar, and salt to a stand mixer bowl and whisk. Combine with softened butter thoroughly incorporated. Dissolve yeast into room temperature milk.
- Mix flour mixture on medium low speed and add yeast milk mixture, eggs and egg yolk. Mix for 10 minutes or until smooth.
- Place dough onto lightly floured work surface and knead for about a minute or two and smooth it out. Roll into ball and let sit in a bowl covered, proof for 1 hours or until it doubles in size.
- To make the cinnamon sugar, whisk together brown sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Flour a flat surface for the dough. Flatten into thick, large rectangles. Spread softened butter across the surface of dough. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar, then Perfect Italiano Mozzarella Grated Cheese evenly. Tightly roll lengthwise and cut with a serrated knife into about thick segments.
- Lightly grease a big enough baking dish and fill with rolls – have their tails face each other. Proof rolls for about 35 minutes or until it is 1.5x original size.
- Bake in preheated oven at 190°C for 20-25 minutes or until plump and golden brown.
- To make the glaze, whisk cream cheese until smooth first then add icing sugar, milk and vanilla powder. Drizzle onto baked rolls.