315g Cups Sugar (200g for caramelisation, 115g for flan)
125ml Passion Fruit Pulp
400ml FairPrice Natural Coconut Cream
375ml FairPrice Full Cream UHT Milk
6 Pasar Singapore Farm Fresh Eggs
Butter for greasing the ramekins
- Pre heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Mix water and 200ml of sugar in a sauce pan and bring to boil for 5 min till golden brown.
- Remove from heat and let it cool. Add passion fruit pulp.
- Grease the ramekins with butter.
- Now pour mixture into ramekins.
- Now whisk in a medium bowl remaining sugar, milk, coconut milk and egg.
- Now strain through a fine sieve into a jug and into the ramekins.
- Pour boiling water into the baking tray to come half way up the side of each ramekin.
- Bake in oven for 30min or until set.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for 10 min at room temperature then cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge to chill for 30mins.
Tip: Place ramekins in hot water to loosen the flan, and run a knife around the edges for easy removal to plate.