500g Pork ribs
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Sugar
2 tbsp Oyster sauce
1 tsp Sesame oil
½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
2 tbsp Rice flour
2 tbsp Potato starch
3 tbsp Water
1 Egg (beaten)
Oil for deep-frying
2 sachets of JJ Royal Coffee Kopi Tubruk – Café Latte
1 tbsp Brown sugar
2 tbsp Minced garlic
4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp Rice wine
2 tbsp Dark soy sauce
6 tbsp Water
- Cut the 500g pork ribs into strips
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix all the ingredients for the pork ribs together.
- Marinate the ribs at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- To prepare the coffee sauce, mix all the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat oil in a work to deep fry pork ribs till golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Add coffee sauce mixture into another pan and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Turn off flame and add pork ribs to the pan. Toss until pork ribs are evenly coated.
- Garnish with parsley or coriander and serve with rice!
To experience pork ribs with a bolder coffee flavour, switch out the JJ Royal Coffee Kopi Tubruk Café Latte for 1-2 sachets of JJ Royal Coffee Kopi Tubruk – Pure Black and add 1 tbsp of brown sugar. (For less coffee intensity, just go with 1 sachet!)
Add water, as needed, if sauce becomes too sticky or thick while simmering (before coating the ribs).