200 – 250g penne rigate (or any pasta of your choice
2 tbsp olive oil
5 – 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp fine salt
400g fresh clams*
300g fresh squid, deboned
1 broccoli, finely chopped into florets
400ml cooking cream
100g FairPrice Cheese – Cheddar (Shredded)
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and when it does, add in a pinch of salt.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water for about 8-10 minutes until al dente or according to its packaging instructions. Al dente pasta is firm when held with tongs, but not stiff.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and set aside.
- Slice the squid into rings and rinse the clams a few times under running water. Soak the clams in a bowl of water, then put aside both ingredients until they are ready to cook.
Preparing the sauce
- Sauté the garlic in olive oil. Add in the dried basic, paprika and salt and fry the mixture for about 10 to 15 minutes until the aroma of the spices are released.
- Add in the squid and fry them until they turn fully opaque.
- Pour in the cooking cream and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Throw in the broccoli florets and stir to coat it thoroughly with the sauce.
- Add the clams into the pot and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer, a process that’ll take roughly 3 to 4 minutes.