1 Whole Pasar Jumbo Fresh Chicken*
1 cup FairPrice Canola Oil
2 tbsp Mandarin Oranges (Diced)
2 tbsp Spring Onion (Finely Chopped)
2 tsp Ginger (Grated)
2 tsp Red Onion (Diced)
2 cloves Garlic (Minced)
2 stalks Chilli Padi (Finely Chopped)
1 tsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Sesame Oil
¼ tsp Salt
A dash of White Pepper
Flaky Sea Salt
Chives (Finely Chopped)*
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Snip out the spine of the chicken and flatten it.
- Place the chicken, skin side down in a large non-stick skillet that is heating up and press on the chicken lightly to ensure the skin gets as much contact area with the pan as it can. Cover the chicken with a piece of aluminium foil. Sear the chicken for about 15 mins, until the skin is very crispy. Flip the chicken, allow it to cook at low heat for a few more minutes.
- To prepare the sauce – Slice the spring onions thinly, grate the ginger. Mince the garlic, finely dice the onion and chilies. Cut the mandarins into small bite sized cubes.
- Place the sliced spring onions and ginger into a metal bowl. Heat up the oil until just before smoking, pour the hot oil into the ginger and spring onion mixture. Let it cool down for about 5 minutes.
- Then stir in the diced red onion, minced garlic, chilies and diced mandarins. Season with lemon zest, lemon juice (from about ¼ of lemon), soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and a bit of white pepper. Spoon over the chicken, top with finely chopped chives and flaky sea salt and dish is ready to serve.