500ml Knife 100% Pure Groundnut Oil
2 pcs Duck Legs*
2 pcs Mandarin Oranges (peeled slices)
1 tsp Chicken Powder
2 stks Spring Onion
1 pc Ginger*
1 pc Star Anise
1 pc Cinnamon Stick
1 tsp White Peppercorn
50ml Hua Tiao Chiew
90g Plain Flour
7g Baking Powder
15g Corn Flour
25ml Cooking Oil
4 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
1 tbsp Calamansi Juice
1 pc Chilli Padi (chopped)
1 pc Shallot (chopped)
Some Orange Zest
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Poke the duck legs evenly with needle, and rub the duck leg with salt and chicken powder. Set aside for 20 mins.
- Place the duck legs on a tray and cover with spring onion, ginger, star anise, cinnamon stick, peppercorns and Hua Tiao Chiew. Steam for 40 mins.
- Mix the ingredients for the batter and set aside.
- To prepare the sauce, mix the ingredients in a large bowl with mandarin oranges and keep it preferably chilled.
- Remove the duck legs from the steamer, and set aside.
- Heat up the oil in a large pot.
- Dust the duck legs with corn flour, coat with batter, and deep fry till golden brown. Set aside on absorbent paper.
- Spread the sauce on the plate and lay the fried duck legs on top.
- Garnish with spring onions, chilli and coriander leaves, and serve.