Butter Garlic Prawn Tang Hoon
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
White pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Tang hoon (pre-soaked)
How to cook
Cook the garlic paste
- In a non-stick skillet, add the cooking oil and cook the minced garlic on medium heat for 2 - 3 mins.
- Add in soy sauce, oyster sauce, Shaoxing wine, sugar and pepper and allow to cook out till the garlic is almost like a paste.
- Turn off the heat, add sesame oil and mix well.
Cook the tang hoon
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the tang hoon for about 3 mins or until al dente.
Steam the prawn
- Butterfly the prawn by cutting a slit down the middle of the back of the prawn.
- Season the meat with a bit of salt.
- Spoon the garlic paste into the cavity of the prawn.
- Steam for about 8 mins.
Cook the sauce
- Once the prawns are cooked, drain off all the cooking liquid into a small sauce pot and whisk in the butter bit by bit to emulsify into a sauce.
- Toss the noodles in the sauce, turn off the heat and mix well.
- Plate to your liking.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce
The Four Kings
Abalone & Seafood Pao Fan
Baked Boneless Masala Chicken Leg with Abalone Marinate
Braised South African Baby Abalone with Stuffed Onion
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Braised Australian Premium Wild Abalone in Golden Sauce
Steamed Garlic Prawns4.5 (2)
Roasted Prawns with Seaweed Butter
Abundance & Prosperity Poon Choi
Treasured Sesame Oil Duck
Abundant Pan-fried Grouper with Oyster Sauce
Wok-Fried Tangy Prawns with Sesame Soy Dressing
Salted Egg Prawns
Spicy Chicken Chilli Oil Noodles
Crispy Chicken with Auspicious Mandarin Orange & Ginger Scallion Sauce
Family Treasure Soup