Ah Ma’s Achar
seeds removed, and cut into 5cm sticks
cut into 1 inch chunks
cut into 5cm sticks
cut into 5cm sticks
cut into 5cm strips
Toasted Sesame Seeds
seeds removed and soaked in water
How to cook
Prepare the achar vegetables mix
- Spread out the carrots and cucumber sticks onto a tray.
- Sprinkle them with salt and set aside for 45 minutes.
- Blanch the long beans for 45 seconds, then strain and set aside.
- Transfer the carrots and cucumbers onto a towel and squeeze out the excess water then add them to large mixing bowl.
- Add in the pineapple chunks, red chillies and blanched long beans.
Prepare the spice paste
- Remove the seeds from red chilies and dried chilies.
- Soak red chilies in water.
- Blend the soaked red chilies, dried chilies, shallots, garlic, tumeric, candlenuts, lemongrass, toasted belachan and peanut oil into a smooth paste in a food processor.
- Stir fry the spice paste in a pan until fragrant.
- Mix in white vinegar, calamansi juice, sugar and salt then bring to simmer.
- Pour the sauce over the achar vegetables mix.
- Sprinkle ground toasted peanuts and sesame seeds then mix evenly.
- Let it sit for at least 1 hour at room temperature before eating (for the best results, leave it overnight in the fridge and enjoy it the next day).
You may also like
Ah Ma’s Chicken Rice
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes & Cheese-crusted Chicken
Air-Fryer Onion Pakora
Abundant Claypot With Abalone Sauce
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Wok-Fried Tangy Prawns with Sesame Soy Dressing
Marinated Chicken with Black Fungus
Chinese Fish Congee
Sea Asparagus with Liver Sausages
Crispy Fish Asparagus
Rice Cooker “Claypot” Rice
Seafood Pao Fan
Jiufen Dessert Bowl
Dumpling Fried Rice
Truffle Infused Baby Abalone Claypot Rice
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Family Treasure Soup
Impossible Meat Patty
Crispy Chicken with Auspicious Mandarin Orange & Ginger Scallion Sauce
Buddha Jump Over The Wall in Egg White Fortune Pouch
Salmon Belly Skewers