Dark Beer (such as a porter or stout)
How to cook
Prepare the beer marinade
- Heat olive oil in a pan on low heat. Fry the garlic and ginger until fragrant before adding the light soy sauce, sugar and chilli oil.
- Stir continuously to avoid the sugar from caramelising too rapidly and burning.
- Pour in the beer of your choice and some corn starch. Scrape and reduce the beer marinade; when it thickens slightly, turn off the heat and allow the marinade to cool down.
Season and marinate the beef
- Season the ribeye with salt and pepper, then place it in a food-safe bag.
- Pour in the beer marinade. Chill for 2 hours to allow the flavours of the marinade to meld with the ribeye.
Grill the beef
- Brush a grill with some olive oil and turn it up to high heat.
- Sear each side of the ribeye for 2-3 mins or longer, depending on how thick your cut of beef is. Slice to serve immediately!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Baked Beans Scramble Eggs with Fresh Mushrooms
Gooey Cheese Sticks
Steamed Garlic Prawns4.0 (1)
Marinated Chicken with Black Fungus
Pan-fried Minced Meat with Water Chestnut Patties
Corn Rib Elotes
Maitake Mushroom Wholemeal Breakfast Wraps
Pan Fried Fukuyama Scallops with Citrus Tofu Sauce
Muah Chee4.5 (2)
Stir Fry KangKong
Instant Noodle Fritters with Carrot & Zucchini
Mango Sago with Pomelo3.0 (2)
Stir Fry Endives with Fish Cake
Quick Thai Breakfast Pan Eggs
Razor Clams Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Minced Chicken Rice Balls
Sweet Glutinous Rice Balls
Banana Cereal Crunch