cut into small pieces
large sized, cut into small pieces
room temperature, depends on thickness of the assam juice
How to cook
Marinate the fish
- Spread a layer of salt on the fish.
- Set it aside and allow it to marinate.
Prepare the assam juice
- In a bowl, mix the assam paste into water.
- Drain the impurities and set aside the assam juice.
Prepare the assam gravy
- In a wok with 2 tablespoons of heated oil, add in garlic, ginger, and chilli then fry till fragrant.
- Stir in sugar, assam juice and water then let it boil.
- Add in more sugar, to taste.
- If the mixture is too thick, add in more water.
- In a wok, pour in water and place a steaming rack.
- Boil the water for 3 minutes.
- Pour the assam gravy over the fish, place it inside the wok and let it steam for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onions and it is ready to be served.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Ayam Lemak Chilli Padi2.5 (2)
Nonya Dry Mee Siam
Braised Longevity Ee Fu Noodles in Chicken Broth
Golden Chef Australian Premium Wild Abalone with 4 Treasures
Stir-fried Udon with Shrimp and Fish Cake5.0 (2)
Fish Maw Soup
Homemade Laksa Noodles
Sup Ekor (Oxtail Soup)
Abundance & Prosperity Poon Choi
Braised Chinese Mushrooms abalone chestnut fish maw in Oyster sauce
Thai Pork Ball Porridge
Mud Crab Vermicelli
Chinese Fish Congee
Family Treasure Soup
Mini Chicken Satay (Inspired by the Singapore Flyer)
Festive Seafood Abalone & Fish Maw Soup
Prosperity Fish Hor Fun with Fragrant Oil
Crab and Seafood Porridge
Fish Maw Soup in Young Coconut
Abalone & Seafood Pao Fan
South Korean Baby Abalone with Hot Mayo Miso Sauce
8 Treasure Seafood Platter
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables