Assorted Grilled Yakitori (Japanese Skewers)
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
Chicken Thighs (cubed)
FairPrice Streaky Bacon
Shiitake Mushrooms (rehydrated with stems removed)
King Mushrooms (sliced thinly)
Vegetable oil, as needed
Bamboo skewers (soaked for 30 mins)
FairPrice Light Soy Sauce
How to cook
Prepare the yakitori sauce and chicken
- Prepare the yakitori sauce by combining light soy sauce, sake, mirin and brown sugar in a small bowl or cup. Set aside.
- Reserve 80g of the cubed chicken thigh to mince. Marinate both in the teriyaki sauce and ginger.
- Fill the cavity of the shiitake mushrooms with 1 tbsp of the marinated minced chicken.
- Divide the rest of the minced chicken into six portions and shape them into even balls. Add vegetable oil to a pan on medium heat and fry until brown. Skewer the minced chicken balls onto two sticks once cooled.
Grill vegetables and skewer the remaining ingredients
- Cut the red and green capsicums into small, even sizes. Wrap each of the king mushrooms in a slice of streaky bacon.
- Alternate the filled shiitake mushrooms, wrapped king mushrooms, green and red capsicums on the bamboo skewers.
- Brush a hot grill with vegetable oil and cook all of the skewered food until golden-brown. Pour the rest of the yakitori sauce over and enjoy!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Korean Corn Dogs (핫도그)
Cake in a Jar
Scallops with Mango Puree Canape
Love Bug Pie
Japanese Fruit Sandwich
Tater Tot Grilled Cheese
Ho-Ho-Hot Luncheon Meat Fries
Christmas Kuih Party
Caprese Mushrooms & Tofu Kebabs
Easy Numbers Cake
Santa’s Little Sliders
Yule Ham Sandwich
Coconut & Pomelo Mochi Pudding
No-Bake Taro Tofu Cake
Vegan Luncheon & Mushroom Canapés
Pulut Hitam Panna Cotta
Braised Pork Belly
Chicken and Ham Roulade with Plum Sauce
Otah Mantou (Chinese Buns)