Ayam Goreng Kalasan
Red Chilli Padi
How to cook
Prepare chicken & paste
- Cut the chicken into 4 large pieces.
- Combine garlic, shallots and candlenuts in a mortar and pound with a pestle until it becomes a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the galangal until it’s fragrant.
- Add the paste, bay leaves and ginger slices into the pan.
- Saute all the ingredients together on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut water and cook until the oil separates from the paste.
- Add salt and chicken, ensuring that the latter is evenly coated with the mixture.
- Simmer the chicken until it is tender and all the coconut water has evaporated to leave behind a thick sauce in the pan.
- Set aside the chicken on some kitchen towels to cool.
- Chill in the refrigerator if left out for more than 3 hours.
- Deep fry the chicken until it is golden brown and crispy!
To make Sambal Jelantah
- Pound all the ingredients together in a mortar using a pestle; if you don’t have a mortar and pestle, simply use a blender.
- Stir in heated sunflower oil and adjust salt to taste.
You may also like
Ayam Lemak Chilli Padi
Air-Fryer Onion Pakora
Impossible Meat Patty
Marinated Chicken with Black Fungus
Spicy Chicken Nuggets
Gooey Cheese Sticks
Stir Fry KangKong
Golden Pearls In A Nest
Razor Clams Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Stir Fry Endives with Fish Cake
Roti Jala with Chicken Curry
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes & Cheese-crusted Chicken
Sticky Salmon with Super Greens & Green Goddess Dressing
Kueh Dadar Crepe Cake
Crispy Chicken with Auspicious Mandarin Orange & Ginger Scallion Sauce
Chicken Karaage Taco Sleigh
Australian Premium Wild Abalone With Pomfret
Cod in Garlic-Ginger Broth
Chicken Rendang with Potatoes