Ayam Goreng Kalasan
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
cut into big pieces
Red Chilli Padi
How to cook
Prepare chicken & paste
- Cut the chicken into 4 large pieces.
- Combine garlic, shallots and candlenuts in a mortar and pound with a pestle until it becomes a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the galangal until it’s fragrant.
- Add the paste, bay leaves and ginger slices into the pan.
- Saute all the ingredients together on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut water and cook until the oil separates from the paste.
- Add salt and chicken, ensuring that the latter is evenly coated with the mixture.
- Simmer the chicken until it is tender and all the coconut water has evaporated to leave behind a thick sauce in the pan.
- Set aside the chicken on some kitchen towels to cool.
- Chill in the refrigerator if left out for more than 3 hours.
- Deep fry the chicken until it is golden brown and crispy!
To make Sambal Jelantah
- Pound all the ingredients together in a mortar using a pestle; if you don’t have a mortar and pestle, simply use a blender.
- Stir in heated sunflower oil and adjust salt to taste.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!