Beef Rendang with Turmeric Rice
beef, chopped into chunks
instant rendang sauce
basmati rice, rinsed and drained
coconut oil (or unsalted butter)
chicken or vegetable stock
How to cook
- Sauté instant rendang sauce with 1.2 kg of beef chunks in a deep frying pan on medium heat until aromatic.
- Pour in 300ml of water and stir-fry for 20 minutes.
- Add in 200ml of coconut milk and simmer on low heat until the beef chunks are tender and the gravy thickens.
Turmeric rice in rice cooker
- Combine the basmati rice and all other ingredients.
- Cook using the ‘white rice’ function (or regular function if there is not a white rice option).
- Fluff with a fork before serving with the beef rendang.
- In a medium pot, combine the basmati rice and all other ingredients.
- Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer (covered) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for another 10 minutes before fluffing with a fork and serving with the beef rendang.
You may also like
Nasi Minyak and Sambal Prawns with Arabic Salad
Iga Penyet (Fried Beef Ribs)
Roti Jala with Chicken Curry
Roti Jala with Pengat Durian
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Chicken Rendang with Potatoes
Mug Date Cake
One Pot: Penang Prawn & Pineapple Curry
Sup Ekor (Oxtail Soup)
Black Pepper Mutton
Pineapple and Starfruit Prata Galette
Honey Buih Thai Iced Tea
Healthy Nasi Lemak
Ayam Goreng Kalasan
Kueh Dadar Crepe Cake
Ayam Lemak Chilli Padi