Beef Rendang with Turmeric Rice
chopped into chunks
Instant Rendang Sauce
rinsed and drained
or unsalted butter
or vegetable stock
How to cook
- Saute instant rendang sauce with the beef chunks in a deep frying pan on medium heat until aromatic.
- Pour in water and stir-fry for 20 minutes.
- Add in coconut milk and simmer on low heat until the beef chunks are tender and the gravy thickens.
Turmeric rice in rice cooker
- Combine the basmati rice and all other ingredients.
- Cook using the ‘white rice’ function (or regular function if there is not a white rice option).
- Fluff with a fork before serving with the beef rendang.
- In a medium pot, combine the basmati rice and all other ingredients.
- Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer (covered) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for another 10 minutes before fluffing with a fork and serving with the beef rendang.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Pulut Hitam Panna Cotta
Nonya Dry Mee Siam
Chicken Rendang with Potatoes
Homemade Laksa Noodles
Roti Jala with Chicken Curry
Oven Roasted Curry Chicken with Vegetables
Nasi Kerabu with Ayam Percik
Ayam Lemak Chilli Padi
Black Pepper Mutton
Roti Jala with Pengat Durian
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Mini Chicken Satay (Inspired by the Singapore Flyer)
Healthy Nasi Lemak
One Pot: Penang Prawn & Pineapple Curry
Iga Penyet (Fried Beef Ribs)
Sup Ekor (Oxtail Soup)
Nasi Minyak and Sambal Prawns with Arabic Salad
Kapitan Chicken Curry
Assam Steamed Fish