peeled and chopped
Red Pepper Flakes
How to cook
Prepare the tomato mixture
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onions, green peppers, garlic, spices, salt and pepper.
- Stir fry for 10 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, and sugar.
- Mix well and add the minced beef.
- Stir and cook for 5 minutes - if the mixture looks too dry, add some water to the mixture and mix well.
- Once the beef is cooked, let the mixture simmer for 10-12 minutes until the sauce begins to reduce.
- Do a taste test and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Using a wooden spoon, make 5 indentations or “wells,” into the tomato mixture - make sure the indentations are evenly spaced out.
- Gently crack an egg into each indention.
- Reduce the heat, cover the skillet with the lid, and cook on low until the egg whites are set.
- Uncover the skillet and garnish with parsley.
- Add more black pepper or crushed red pepper to taste, then serve hot.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Roast Beef Sliders4.0 (1)
German Meatballs with Mustard Gravy
Baby’s First Bolognese Sauce
Rendang Shepherd’s Pie
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Asian Beer-Marinated Steak4.7 (3)
Light and Bright Beef Stew5.0 (1)
Quick Whole Wheat Wraps
Korean Army Stew, Christmas Edition
Beef Fried Rice
Biryani Rice Bowl
Iga Penyet (Fried Beef Ribs)
Sweet Potato Abacus Seed Aglio Olio
Indian Style Mee Siam with Fresh Prawns
Hot Smoked Salmon
Beer Braised Chicken Nachos
Just 5 Minutes: Mediterranean Pita Pockets
Ho-Ho-Hot Luncheon Meat Fries
Overnight Oats Parfait
Teriyaki Chicken Rice (Inspired by the Changi Airport)
Scallops with Mango Puree Canape