peeled and chopped
Red Pepper Flakes
How to cook
Prepare the tomato mixture
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onions, green peppers, garlic, spices, salt and pepper.
- Stir fry for 10 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, and sugar.
- Mix well and add the minced beef.
- Stir and cook for 5 minutes - if the mixture looks too dry, add some water to the mixture and mix well.
- Once the beef is cooked, let the mixture simmer for 10-12 minutes until the sauce begins to reduce.
- Do a taste test and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Using a wooden spoon, make 5 indentations or “wells,” into the tomato mixture - make sure the indentations are evenly spaced out.
- Gently crack an egg into each indention.
- Reduce the heat, cover the skillet with the lid, and cook on low until the egg whites are set.
- Uncover the skillet and garnish with parsley.
- Add more black pepper or crushed red pepper to taste, then serve hot.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Fried Beef Ribs
Stir Fried Australian Beef Eye Round with Spring Onion & Ginger
Stir Fried Australian Beef Knuckle with Spring Onion & Ginger
Braised Australian Beef Shin Shank with Mushroom & Onion
Bulgogi Grilled Australian Beef Striploin
Teriyaki Stir Fried Australian Beef Eye Round
Stir Fried Spicy Kimchi Australian Beef Rump
Hong Shao Australian Beef Short Rib
Cantonese Braised Australian Beef Brisket
Japanese Beef Tendon Stew
Smokey Cajun Rubbed Australian Beef Striploin Steaks
Sambal Australian Beef Short Rib Stir Fry
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Stir Fried Australian Beef Ribeye with Sambal Kicap Manis
Gong Bao Australian Beef Short Ribs
Beef Bone Soup
Pan Seared Australian Beef Flank Steak with Rendang Sauce
Classic Australian Beef Bolognese