Black Chickpea Salad
|2 1⁄2 cups|
Just Produce Mustard
Just Produce Sorrel
Just Produce Mizuna
or peanut oil
Black Mustard Seeds
Split Black Lenti
Dry Red Chili
kept whole or halved and deseeded
How to cook
- Wash the chickpeas and then soak overnight. Next day, in the same soaked water, cook till they are completely cooked. Add more water if required. Use a pressure cooker is that is an option.
- Strain the boiled chickpea and keep aside. The stock is rich in nutrients and can be used for making soups.
- Heat oil in a pan. Lower the flame and add the mustard seeds and urad dal. The mustard seeds will crackle and the urad dal will get browned.
- Add the curry leaves, green chilies, red chilies and asafoetida. Fry for 10-15 seconds.
- Now add the cooked black chana and salt. Stir and saute for 4-5 minutes on a low to medium flame.
- Switch off the flame and add the greens. Mix well.
Assmeble & serve
- Sprinkle the lemon juice to finish it off, ready to be served.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Marinated Chicken with Black Fungus
Seared Salmon with Rainbow Salad
Baked Miso Eggplant
Rice-Cooker Braised Chicken
Minced Chicken Rice Balls
Maitake Mushroom Wholemeal Breakfast Wraps
Goat Cheese With Arugula and Pear Salad
Spicy Chicken Chilli Oil Noodles
Merry Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
Chicken Brown Rice
One Pot: Chicken Chow Mein
Grilled Chicken Pita
Just Produce Tangy Sorrel Salad of the Seven Fishes
Thai Green Papaya Salad (Som Tum)
Rice-Cooker Salt Baked Chicken
Superfood Quinoa Salad
Black Pepper Mutton
Spaghetti Chili Garlic