Black Pepper Mutton
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
Salt & pepper to taste
|1 1⁄2 cups|
|For Mutton Marinade|
cut into 2 cm cubes
How to cook
- Mix all the ingredients well, ensuring that the mutton cubes are thoroughly coated.
- Marinate for at least 30 mins — the longer, the better!
Cook the mutton
- Heat a saucepan or pan (with a lid) with 2 tbsp of oil over medium-high heat.
- Sear the mutton cubes on every side until they’re browned. Set aside.
- In the same pan, reduce to medium-low heat and fry the garlic, ginger and onions until the onions turn translucent.
- Add in the curry leaves and black pepper to fry for 1 min.
- Add in the mutton cubes and soy sauce and mix well.
- Lastly, add in water to deglaze the bottom of the pan.
- Bring it to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer. Cover for 45 mins to keep simmering or until the mutton is tender.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with extra coriander and sliced chilli.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!