Braised Sea Cucumber and Mushroom
Corn Starch Flour
How to cook
- Soak the shiitake mushrooms in a bowl of warm water until it soften. Snip off the stems of the shiitake and discard.
- Rinse the sea cucumbers and make sure the cavities are clean. Drop the sea cucumbers into a pot, add half of the ginger and cover with water. Bring to the boil, lower the heat, cook for 15 minutes to remove the strong fishy odor. Then drain & cut into bite-size pieces.
- Rinse, cut and boil the broccoli. Drain & assemble it on the serving plate.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan, saute the remaining ginger, all of the garlic until fragrant.
- Turn up the heat. Add the shiitake, black fungus and all the sauces, salt & black pepper, sugar and oyster sauce. Bring to the boil. Add the sea cucumbers. Pour the starch solution into the wok. Stir until the sauce is thick and clear. Cover the pan & cook until the mushrooms tender.
- Add sesame oil and Huiji waist tonic, cover the pan and cook another 1 minute in the lowest heat.
Assemble & serve
- Assemble on the plate with the broccoli and enjoy!
You may also like
Chicken, Broccoli and Cashew Stir Fry
Cashew Crusted Avocado
Softshell Chilli Crab Gua Bao
Chicken and Ham Roulade with Plum Sauce
Braised Stuffed Shiitake Mushrooms with Greens
Roasted Salmon and Vegetables with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Braised abalone with scallops, mushrooms and broccoli
Garlic Butter Oyster Mushrooms
Chinese Yam (Taro) and Pork Congee
Braised Herbal Chicken with Huiji Waist Tonic
Steak with a Peppery Mushroom sauce
Braised South African Baby Abalone with Stuffed Onion
Braised Australian Premium Wild Abalone in Golden Sauce
Octopus Carpaccio with Kimchi Cream
Braised Sea Cucumber, Scallops and Roast Pork Claypot
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Baked Soy Bean Chicken
Braised Prawns, Crab Meat & E-Fu Noodles In Oyster Sauce
CNY Royal Umbrella Rice YuSheng
No-Bake Taro Tofu Cake
Braised Pork Belly
Spaghetti with Salmon and Pesto Genovese
Baked Seafood Pasta Bag