Braised Stuffed Shiitake Mushrooms with Greens
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
Fresh Chinese Parsley
of your choice
How to cook
Prepare the mushroom caps and stuffing
- Remove the mushroom stems. Marinate the mushroom caps in oyster sauce, sesame oil, corn flour, and a dash of pepper for 30 mins in the fridge.
- Peel and dice the chestnuts, then chop the Chinese parsley finely. Set both aside.
- Add the shrimp paste, Chinese parsley, diced chestnuts, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
Blanch the spinach
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add a few drops of cooking oil and blanch the spinach for 1 min. Remove from the pot and drain spinach in a colander. Place it under cold running water to halt the cooking process, then transfer it to the serving plate.
- Use a scoop for perfectly portioned shrimp paste, and place them carefully into the marinated mushroom caps.
- Boil water in a wok. Place the mushroom caps on a heat-resistant plate and rack, then cover the wok. Lower the heat and allow to steam for 8 mins.
- Remove the mushroom caps from the wok once this is done and top them with the blanched spinach.
Get the broth ready
- Grate some ginger (and some minced garlic if you like) and set them aside. To make the broth, heat a pan with some oil, fry grated ginger (and garlic) until fragrant before adding the broth and then finally, bringing it to a boil.
- Pour the broth over the mushrooms gently. Serve hot & enjoy!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Sustenir Kale Pesto, Potato and Green Bean Salad
Caprese Mushrooms & Tofu Kebabs
Braised Australian Premium Wild Abalone in Golden Sauce
Garlic Butter Oyster Mushrooms
Mullet Fillet Teriyaki
Seafood Jjampong (Korean Spicy Seafood Noodles)
Abundance & Prosperity Poon Choi
Soy Butter Glazed King Oyster Mushroom
Vegan Luncheon & Mushroom Canapés
Australian Premium Wild Abalone With Pomfret
CNY Royal Umbrella Rice YuSheng
Cashew Crusted Avocado
Sustenir Kale Chicken Mushroom Omelette
Cod in Garlic-Ginger Broth
Fried Oyster Mushrooms
Mozzarella Ebi Corn Fritters
Pong Pong Prawns
Braised Australian Baby Abalone in Red Yeast Sauce