Chawanmushi Tofu Crabmeat
180-190g without shells
Fortune Japanese Silken Tofu With Omega 3 DHA
How to cook
- Place the tofu pieces and scatter the crab meat into the steaming bowl. Toss them lightly to mix it up.
- Using a weighing scale, place a large bowl above and tare to 0. Crack eggs in, it should weigh about 180-190g.
- Add 3 tablespoon of dashi concentrate into the bowl and enough water to double the weight to 380g.
- Use a fork and gently mix and beat the egg and dashi stock together. Don't beat vigorously as we want to minimise the bubbles created.
- Use a strainer and strain the egg mixture over the tofu/crab bowl.
- Mix the batter gently with the fork.
- Cover the bowl with a heat-resistant cling wrap or aluminium foil.
- In a boiling steamer, place the bowl in, cover and steam for 18-20 minutes.
Assemble & serve
- Serve with a drizzle of shallots oil, if any.
- *Tip: you can use as many eggs as you want, bearing in mind the weight ratio of stock is twice of the eggs. You may vary the ingredients used - try enoki, prawns or chicken if you are not a fan of crab meat.
You may also like
Chanko Nabe (Sumo Hot Pot)
Fried Tofu Omelette with Satay Beehoon Paste
No-Bake Taro Tofu Cake
Black Forest 'Cake'
Impossible Mapo Tofu
Abundant Claypot With Abalone Sauce
Crispy Sweet Tofu
Braised South African Baby Abalone with Stuffed Onion
Tofu Meat Balls
Maitake Mushroom Wholemeal Breakfast Wraps
Chicken Caesar Wraps
Ho-Ho-Hot Luncheon Meat Fries
Easy Bean Stew
Rice-Cooker Braised Chicken
Crispy Skin Pan Seared Salmon
Fro-Yo Fruit Bites
Quick Whole Wheat Wraps
Italian Style Purgatory Eggs With Basilico Sauce
Roasted Pumpkin Seed Brussels Sprouts
30-Minutes Quinoa Bowl
Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms
Simply Cook Vegetable Kit – ABC Soup
Christmas Surprise Cookie Bites