Chicken Bibimbap (Korean Mixed Rice)
Boneless chicken, cut into strips
Cucumber, seeds removed and julienned
Korean dried seaweed or Miyeok.
Rehydrated in water for about 15 mins. Rinse and drain completely.
Light soy sauce
Light soy sauce
Gochujang (Korean red chili paste)
How to cook
Prepare the chicken
- Toss and coat the chicken with marinade sauce.
- Set aside in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Cook the other ingredients
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry the eggs sunny-side up.
- Take care not to overcook the eggs. The yoke should be runny when cut. Remove and set aside.
- Sauté the carrots with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil for about 2-3 mins. Remove and set aside.
- Cook the seaweed for about 2-3 mins. Add 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce for taste. Remove and set aside.
Cook the chicken
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the same pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the marinated chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- In a serving bowl, add rice and top it up with equal portions of chicken, carrots, cucumbers and seaweed. Add bibimbap sauce.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional).
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Chicken, Broccoli and Cashew Stir Fry
Folded Gimbap (Korean Rice Sandwich)
Rice Cooker “Claypot” Rice
Prawn and Egg Fried Rice
Chicken Bolognese Spaghetti
Shrimp Pad Thai (Thai Rice Noodles)
Beef Fried Rice
Kimchi Soup with Canned Tuna
Egg Mayo & Chicken Ham Croissant Sandwich
One Pot: Chicken Chow Mein
One-Pot-Meal Recipe: Chestnut Chicken Rice5.0 (2)
One-Pot Hainanese Chicken Rice5.0 (2)
Easy Tuna Gimbap
Kimchi Fried Rice
Stir Fry Chicken Noodles
Seafood Jjampong (Korean Spicy Seafood Noodles)
Butter & Egg Fried Rice with Chicken Fillet
Chicken Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Chicken)
Chinese Sausage & Mushroom Rice