Pasar Fresh Chicken Breast
Light Soy Sauce
Japanese soup stock.
Finely chopped (optional)
How to cook
Prepare the katsu chicken
- Season the chicken in salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken in flour, coating both sides. Shake off any extra flour.
- Coat both sides in egg then coat completely in panko.
- Heat oil in frying pan and deep fry for 4-5 minutes or until cooked and golden brown.
- Remove and drain on a kitchen towel.
- Cut the katsu crosswise into thick slices.
Prepare the katsudon
- In a separate pan, add cooking oil and sauté the onions until slightly brown.
- Add the dashi, mirin, sugar and soy sauce and wait until it starts to boil.
- Place the chicken pieces in the pan.
- Drizzle the beaten eggs into the sauce evenly with a small amount on top of the chicken.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat for half a minute or until the egg is just set.
- Divide the katsudon into 4 portions and scoop each portion into a bowl of freshly steamed rice.
- Garnish with scallions or shredded seaweed strips.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Spicy Soba Noodles
One Pot: Penang Prawn & Pineapple Curry
Japanese Omurice (Omelette Rice)
Braised Longevity Ee Fu Noodles in Chicken Broth
Biryani Rice Bowl
Chicken Bibimbap (Korean Mixed Rice)
Kimchi Soup with Canned Tuna
Medu Vada (Lentil Fritters)
Shrimp Pad Thai (Thai Rice Noodles)
Chicken Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Chicken)
Folded Gimbap (Korean Rice Sandwich)
Mala Xiang Guo
One-Pot-Meal Recipe: Chestnut Chicken Rice
Rice Cooker Laksa Fried Rice4.3 (3)
Chicken Macaroni Soup
Easy Tuna Gimbap
Indian Style Mee Siam with Fresh Prawns
Stir Fry Chicken Noodles
Beef Fried Rice
One Pot: Chicken Chow Mein
Thai Pork Ball Porridge
Chanko Nabe (Sumo Hot Pot)