Pasar Fresh Chicken Breast
Light Soy Sauce
Japanese soup stock.
Finely chopped (optional)
How to cook
Prepare the katsu chicken
- Season the chicken in salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken in flour, coating both sides. Shake off any extra flour.
- Coat both sides in egg then coat completely in panko.
- Heat oil in frying pan and deep fry for 4-5 minutes or until cooked and golden brown.
- Remove and drain on a kitchen towel.
- Cut the katsu crosswise into thick slices.
Prepare the katsudon
- In a separate pan, add cooking oil and sauté the onions until slightly brown.
- Add the dashi, mirin, sugar and soy sauce and wait until it starts to boil.
- Place the chicken pieces in the pan.
- Drizzle the beaten eggs into the sauce evenly with a small amount on top of the chicken.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat for half a minute or until the egg is just set.
- Divide the katsudon into 4 portions and scoop each portion into a bowl of freshly steamed rice.
- Garnish with scallions or shredded seaweed strips.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Japanese Omurice (Omelette Rice)
Bubur Candil (Sweet Tapioca Balls in Coconut Cream Sauce)
Braised Longevity Ee Fu Noodles in Chicken Broth
Chicken Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Chicken)
Easy Tuna Gimbap
Prawn and Egg Fried Rice
Pan Seared Australian Beef Denver Steak with Diane Sauce
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
One-Pot-Meal Recipe: Chestnut Chicken Rice5.0 (2)
Seared Australian Beef Tenderloin Steaks
Mala Xiang Guo
Chicken Bibimbap (Korean Mixed Rice)
Air-Fried Tang Yuan
Pan Seared Australian Beef Denver Steak with Tomato Herb Cream Sauce
Kimchi Soup with Canned Tuna
Chicken, Broccoli and Cashew Stir Fry
Butter & Egg Fried Rice with Chicken Fillet
Pan Seared Australian Beef Flank Steak with Pineapple BBQ Sauce
Rice Cooker “Claypot” Rice
Chanko Nabe (Sumo Hot Pot)