Chicken Macaroni Soup
about 4-5 whole pieces
leaves included, sliced thinly
Xiao Bai Cai
peeled and diced
How to cook
- Blanch chicken bone and drumsticks in a pot of boiling water. Rinse, drain and set aside.
- Cook vegetables & macaroni separately in salted, boiling water. Drain.
Cook chicken stock
- In a soup pot, add blanched chicken (bone & drumsticks), celery (thinly sliced), carrot (diced), garlic, bay leaf and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours, season to taste with salt. For best results, keep warm in thermal pot for a few hours.
- Sieve the chicken stock to get particle-free soup. You may want to reserve the carrots and celery.
Assemble & serve
- Shred meat from chicken drumsticks. Set aside.
- Divide cooked macaroni, shredded chicken and vegetables into 4 serving bowls.
- Ladle hot chicken stock over and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Chicken Capsicum Rice Bowl
Chicken Broccoli Salad
Chicken Caesar Wraps
Abalone & Seafood Pao Fan
Double-Boiled Winter Melon Chicken Soup with Black Eye Bean
Baked Boneless Dang Gui Chicken with Wolfberries
30-Minutes Quinoa Bowl
Merry Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
Chicken Bolognese Spaghetti
Quick Seabass Miso Ochazuke
Chicken Soup with Ginger and Shiitake Mushrooms
Simply Cook Vegetable Kit – ABC Soup
Chanko Nabe (Sumo Hot Pot)
Healthy Chicken & Veggie Kabob
ABC Soup5.0 (1)
Grilled Chicken Pita
Braised Longevity Ee Fu Noodles in Chicken Broth
Chicken Karaage Taco Sleigh