Chicken Soup with Ginger and Shiitake Mushrooms
preferably bone-in, cut into chunks
Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
peeled and sliced very thin
How to cook
- Cut chicken into chunks. Afterward, place the chicken in a bowl along with soy sauce, salt, sugar, cornstarch and ginger.
- Mix and massage for about a minute to help the chicken absorb the marinade and set it aside.
- Wash the dried shiitake mushrooms, drain, and then soak in warm water to rehydrate and soften.
- When the mushrooms have softened, remove them from the water (saving the soaking liquid) and slice thinly.
- Put chicken, water, and mushroom soaking liquid in a pot and bring to a boil (high heat).
- Cover the pot, turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
You may also like
Italian-Style Chicken Stew
Rice-Cooker Braised Chicken
Seared Salmon with Rainbow Salad
Light and Bright Beef Stew
Cashew Crusted Avocado
Chicken Salad Spread
Family Treasure Soup
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Steamed Pork Ribs with Salted Plum
Braised Stuffed Shiitake Mushrooms with Greens
Grilled Chicken Pita
Creamy Mushroom Soup
Winter Melon & Corn Soup
Salmon Head Soup
Soy Butter Glazed King Oyster Mushroom
Garlic Butter Oyster Mushrooms
Chinese Watercress Soup
Chicken Macaroni Soup
Japanese Udon Soup
Fish Maw Soup in Young Coconut
Cream of Tomato Soup