Chinese Yam (Taro) and Pork Congee
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
can be replaced with pork jowl or ground pork
Dried Shitake Mushrooms
How to cook
Marinate the pork
- Place the pork in a large mixing bowl then add in soy sauce, sesame oil and corn starch
- Marinate overnight or for at least 1 hour before using.
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Add dried shrimp and sauté until fragrant (about 10-15 seconds).
- Add in the pork and sauté until it changes colour.
- Add in the shiitake mushrooms and yams then sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add in the rice grains and chicken stock then bring it to a boil.
- Lower the heat and continue to cook until the rice is soft and thickened (about 20-30 minutes).
- Season the porridge with salt to your taste.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Coffee Pork Ribs
Vegetarian Sweet & Sour Pork
Braised Golden Bridge waxed meat ee mian
Singapore-Style Chilli Tiger Prawns and Mussels
Braised chicken wings with ginger and sesame oil
8 Treasure Seafood Platter
Fried Mee Tai Mak
Prawn Paste Mushrooms & Shabu Rolls5.0 (1)
Sweet and Sour Prawns with Assorted Fruits
Prosperity Pen Cai
Nai Nai Braised Pork
Buddha Jump Over The Wall in Egg White Fortune Pouch
Braised Sea Cucumber, Scallops and Roast Pork Claypot
Jiufen Dessert Bowl5.0 (1)
Baked Chicken Winglets with Abalone And Broccoli
Braised Pork Belly
Abundance & Prosperity Poon Choi
Herbal Bak Kut Teh5.0 (2)
Thai Pork Ball Porridge
Glazed Scallop Meatballs