Chinese Yam (Taro) and Pork Congee
Pork Chin/Jowl or you can use ground pork
Dried Large Shitake Mushrooms
Chicken Stock or use water
How to cook
- Place the pork in a large mixing bowl. Add marinate ingredients. You can marinate overnight or for at least 1 hour before using
- Heat up 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Add dried shrimp and sauté until you smell a wonderful flavour, about 10-15 seconds.
- Add in the pork and sauté until they turn colour, add shiitake mushrooms and yams. Sauté for about 1 minute and then add the rice grains.
- Add the chicken stock and bring it to a boil.
- Add the rice then lower the heat and continue to cook until the rice is soft and thickened, about 20-30 minutes or so.
- You can season the porridge with salt to your taste if you like.
You may also like
Thai Pork Ball Porridge
Hakka Abacus Seeds
Chinese Watercress Soup
Chinese Fish Congee
Festive Seafood Abalone & Fish Maw Soup
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Braised Australian Premium Wild Abalone in Golden Sauce
Lotus Mooncake Cookies
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
Braised Longevity Ee Fu Noodles in Chicken Broth
Glazed Scallop Meatballs
Quick Thai Breakfast Pan Eggs
Family Treasure Soup
Maitake Mushroom Wholemeal Breakfast Wraps
Braised South African Baby Abalone with Stuffed Onion
Golden Chef South African Baby Abalone with Korean Rice Cake
Fish Maw Soup in Young Coconut
Jiufen Dessert Bowl
Cod in Garlic-Ginger Broth
One Pot: Chicken Chow Mein
Abundant Claypot With Abalone Sauce
Fried Mee Tai Mak
Braised Pork Belly
Coffee Pork Ribs