Chocolate Christmas Log Cake
Self Raising flour
|Strawberry Italian Meringue Buttercream Filling|
Fine Grain White Sugar
|Chocolate Ganache Frosting|
70% Dark Chocolate
Heavy Whipping Cream
Fine Grain White Sugar
How to cook
Prepare the strawberry Italian meringue buttercream filling
- Prepare the sugar syrup by heating the sugar and water in a pot and bring it to boil - remove from heat when the sugar is fully dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until soft peaks form.
- Pour the cooled sugar syrup into the eggs and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add in the butter and mix well.
- Fold in the strawberry puree, mix well and set aside.
Prepare the chocolate ganache frosting
- Heat cream in a pot, add in sugar and bring to boil.
- Put the chopped chocolate into a bowl and pour in the cream mixture, mix well and set aside.
Prepare the cake
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Grease and line a Swiss roll tin with baking paper covering all corners.
- Sift and whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and honey.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until pale and frothy.
- Gradually add the sifted flour mixture and gently fold it into the wet ingredients until just combined - do not let too much air escape.
- Pour the cake batter into the tin and bake for about 10 minutes, until well-risen and firm when you touch it.
Assemble and serve
- Let the cake cool completely before spreading the strawberry Italian meringue buttercream.
- Holding one end of the cake with both hands, carefully roll the cake into a log while removing the baking paper at the same time.
- Using a metal spatula, spread the chocolate ganache frosting all over the cake.
- Run a fork down the length of the cake to add tree bark patterns on the cake.
- Dust with sifted icing sugar and decorate with strawberries or your favourite plastic decorations, like reindeer and holly leaves.
You may also like
Chocolate Button Cookies
Chocolate Chip Bread
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Tartlets
Red Velvet Chocolate Chip & Macadamia Cookies
Apple & Hazelnut Oats Brownies
Easy Homemade Churros
Easy Numbers Cake
Pandan Gula Melaka Cake
Chocolate Cup Fruit Cake
Honey Walnut Cake
Giant Oatmeal Cookies
Chocolate Molten Lava
Salted Gula Melaka Chocolate Chip Cookies
Rudolph Butter Cupcakes
Christmas Cornflakes Wreaths
Berry Christmas Cookies
Golden Pillow Cheese Pineapple Tarts
Orange Passover Cake
No Bake Peanut Butter & Rolled Oats Energy Balls
Kellogg’s Raya Froot Loops
Baileys Irish Cheesecake
Just 5 Minutes: Microwave Cheesecake