Chocolate and Peanut Butter Tartlets
chilled and diced
Chocolate Wheat Flakes
Chocolate Wheat Flakes
How to cook
Prepare the pastry
- Place cocoa powder, icing sugar, flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Use your fingers to rub the chilled butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the iced water over the mixture.
- Use a butter knife in a cutting motion to mix it until the mixture starts to hold together.
- Press some of the mixture between your fingers - if it holds together easily, do not add any more water. Otherwise, add the remaining half tablespoon of water and combine.
- The pastry should be soft, not sticky.
- Pat the pastry together with your hands and transfer to a piece of cling film.
- Wrap the pastry tightly and store it in the fridge for at least 20 minutes (this pastry can be kept for up to 3 days in the fridge or a month in the freezer).
- When ready to use, remove the pastry from the fridge, unwrap and place on a lightly floured work surface.
- Place the chocolate wheat flakes in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush them.
- Transfer the crushed wheat flakes onto the pastry and gently pat them in. Use the palm of your hand to flatten the pastry slightly.
- Use a lightly floured rolling pin, roll the pastry until it is about 3mm thick.
- Use a cookie cutter that’s large enough to cut out rounds to fit your muffin tin and cut out circles.
- Line the bases of the muffin tin with the pastry then place the pastry-lined muffin tin in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190°C and then bake the tart pastry in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before using.
Prepare the chocolate filling
- Place the cream in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a rolling boil.
- Place chocolate in a bowl and pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and mix very slowly with a spoon until it forms a smooth mixture.
Assemble and serve
- To assemble the tarts, spread a tablespoon of peanut butter at the base of each tart shell.
- Pour in the chocolate filling and refrigerate for at least four hours.
- Top with some chocolate wheat flakes and serve chilled.
You may also like
Red Velvet Chocolate Chip & Macadamia Cookies
Christmas Cornflakes Wreaths
Choux Puffs with Aged Gouda and Truffle Cream
Honey Walnut Cake
Chocolate Chip Bread
Lotus Mooncake Cookies
Teh Tarik Cupcakes
Pandan Gula Melaka Cake
Coconut Cream Flan With Passion Fruit
Berry Christmas Cookies
Mini Peach Rose Tarts
Chocolate Molten Lava
Just 5 Minutes: Garlic Cheesy Bread
Chocolate Button Cookies
Galaxy Lemonade Soda
Honey & Nut Baklava
Baileys Irish Cheesecake
Kellogg’s Raya Froot Loops
Condensed Milk Biscuit
Chocolate Cup Fruit Cake
Rudolph Butter Cupcakes
Viennese Kaya Whirls