Choux Puffs with Aged Gouda and Truffle Cream
|Truffle Cream Cheese|
or 10-12 shavings of fresh white truffle
How to cook
- To make the choux pastry, mix butter, water and milk in a sauce pot. Set to simmer.
- Add flour, sugar and salt to the simmering mix. Stir consistently with a wooden spoon.
- After the flour forms into a dough ball, mash it hard with the wooden spoon for 4-6 mins. Allow to cool for 5 mins.
- Add eggs to the dough, one at a time. Mix and stir well until fully incorporated, before adding in the next egg.
- Once all the eggs have been added and the dough looks shiny, transfer it into a piping bag.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pipe small mounds of choux pastry about 1.5 inches in diameter.
- Pipe them at least 2 inches apart as they will swell up to twice their size!
- Bake in oven for 15-20 mins until they have puffed up.
- Reduce oven temperature to 170°C and then finish baking for another 10-15 mins until golden brown.
- Refrain from opening the oven too many times.
Truffle Cream Cheese:
- Combine butter, cream cheese, parmesan, spring onions, garlic and truffle oil/truffle slices.
- Slice open the choux pastry and fill it with the cream cheese mixture.
- Serve with a generous grating of aged gouda on top of each serving.
You may also like
Blueberry Muffins with Organic Millet Quinoa Oatmeal
Kellogg’s Lace Nibbles
Galaxy Lemonade Soda
Coconut Cream Flan With Passion Fruit
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Tartlets
Churros Ice Cream Bowl
French Almond Apple Tart
Banana Bread Pudding
Rudolph Butter Cupcakes
Salted Egg Yolk Cookies
Chocolate Button Cookies
Peach & Blueberry Cheesecake
Kellogg’s Raya Froot Loops
Rendang Shepherd’s Pie
Christmas Cornflakes Wreaths
Chocolate Molten Lava
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Pitta Wonder
Salted Gula Melaka Chocolate Chip Cookies
Honey Walnut Cake
Berry Christmas Cookies
Easy Homemade Churros