Coconut & Pomelo Mochi Pudding
Fine Grain White Sugar
Pomelo Juice (squeezed from the pomelo pulp)
Fine Grain White Sugar
Japanese Glutinous Rice Flour
Herbs (thyme or mint)
How to cook
Prepare the pudding
- Peel the pomelo and break the flesh into small, bite-sized pieces. Set aside 60g of the pulp for the pudding, and the rest to squeeze the pomelo juice from.
- Sprinkle the gelatin powder into 20ml of water in a bowl. It should bloom in 10 mins. Set aside.
- Add the sugar, coconut milk, whipping cream, and milk for the pudding in a pot. Mix well. The mixture should be kept on low heat until steam starts to appear just before it boils.
- Turn off the heat. Pour the mixture into another bowl and allow it to cool briefly before adding it to the bloomed gelatin. Stir well to dissolve.
- Add an equal amount of pomelo among five cups. Follow this by pouring the mixture over.
- Leave the mixture in the cups to chill in the fridge until it sets.
Prepare the mochi
- Squeeze the pomelo pulp to get 10ml of juice. Set aside for the mochi.
- Add the Japanese glutinous rice flour, sugar, water, and pomelo juice into a bowl. Knead the dough until it becomes soft and smooth.
- Divide the dough into five parts. Roll and shape them into ovals.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Drop the dough into the boiling water. Once the dough floats to the surface, boil it for another 2 mins.
- Remove the dough from the pot and place it in a bowl of ice water for 2-3 mins. Drain well.
- Stick the almond slices to form the rabbit ears. Use a little red food colouring and a toothpick to draw the rabbit eyes.
Assemble the pudding and mochi
- Place the mango jam on top of the chilled pudding, followed by the rabbit mochi.
- Top with more pomelo pulp, some herbs for decoration and it’s done!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Mango Sago with Pomelo3.0 (2)
Mango Coconut Ice Cream Cake
Pisang Goreng with Cheese (Cheese Banana Fritters)
Red Bean Jelly Mooncake5.0 (10)
Bubur Cha Cha (Inspired by the Dragon Playground)
Pomelo & Mango Crepe
Strawberry Mochi5.0 (1)
Vanilla Chia Pudding
Durian Sticky Rice
Red & White Mini Falooda
Banana Bread Pudding
Pulut Hitam Panna Cotta
Blackcurrant Milk Pudding
Chicken Karaage Bento (Inspired by the Singa Lion)
Black Forest 'Cake'
Thai Mango Sticky Rice
No-Bake Taro Tofu Cake
Sweet Bliss Melon and Pomelo Pudding
Purple Sweet Potato Onde-Onde Energy Balls
Folded Gimbap (Korean Rice Sandwich)
Sweet Potato Ondeh Ondeh4.8 (5)
Kellogg’s Lace Nibbles