Cod in Garlic-Ginger Broth
Yellow onion (finely diced)
grated Fresh Ginger
Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
Dashi or Vegetable Broth
Cod (skin removed)
Shiitake Mushrooms (stems removed, caps thinly sliced)
Carrot (peeled and sliced into thin matchsticks)
white and green parts, finely chopped
fresh Cilantro (roughly chopped)
How to cook
- Heat a wok or large saute pan over medium-low heat. Immediately add in the onion, ginger and garlic.
- Stir constantly and cook slowly for 3 minutes, until the onion is softened and all the aromatics are fragrant. Take care not to burn them!
- Stir in the soy sauce, dashi and lime juice.
- Place the cod fillet in the wok and turn the heat to medium. Cover and let the fish cook slowly, making sure that the broth stays at a bare simmer. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in the shiitake mushrooms, carrots and green onions. Cover again and cook an additional 2 minutes or until cod flakes easily at thickest part.
- Top with cilantro and serve immediately.
You may also like
Kam Heong Prawns
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce
Braised Stuffed Shiitake Mushrooms with Greens
Cantonese Roast Chicken Stuffed with Rice
Ah Ma’s Chicken Rice
One Pot: Chicken Chow Mein
Braised Longevity Ee Fu Noodles in Chicken Broth
One-Pot Hainanese Chicken Rice
Mud Crab Vermicelli
Chinese Watercress Soup
Stir-fried Udon with Shrimp and Fish Cake
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes & Cheese-crusted Chicken
Festive Seafood Abalone & Fish Maw Soup
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Sunxion Steamed Clams with Garlic and vermicelli
Chinese Fish Congee
Wok-Fried Tangy Prawns with Sesame Soy Dressing
Golden Pearls In A Nest
Honey Garlic Meatball
Seafood Mala Xiang Guo
Garlic Butter Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Belly Skewers
Fish Maw Soup in Young Coconut