Cod in Garlic-Ginger Broth
peeled and sliced into thin matchsticks
stems removed, caps thinly sliced
white and green parts, finely chopped
or vegetable broth
Light Soy Sauce
How to cook
- Heat a wok or large saute pan over medium-low heat. Immediately add in the onion, ginger and garlic.
- Stir constantly and cook slowly for 3 minutes, until the onion is softened and all the aromatics are fragrant. Take care not to burn them!
- Stir in the soy sauce, dashi and lime juice.
- Place the cod fillet in the wok and turn the heat to medium. Cover and let the fish cook slowly, making sure that the broth stays at a bare simmer. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in the shiitake mushrooms, carrots and green onions.
- Cover again and cook an additional 2 minutes or until cod flakes easily at the thickest part.
- Top with cilantro and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Stir-fried Udon with Shrimp and Fish Cake5.0 (2)
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Festive Seafood Abalone & Fish Maw Soup
E-Fu Noodles with Braised Abalones and Broccoli
Poached Chicken with Ginger and Spring Onion Sauce
Baked Chicken Winglets with Abalone And Broccoli
Delectable Fish Wing In Sour Chicken Broth
Sunxion Grilled Oysters with Garlic Butter
Assam Steamed Fish
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
Braised Longevity Ee Fu Noodles in Chicken Broth
Braised Chinese Mushrooms abalone chestnut fish maw in Oyster sauce
Rice Cooker “Claypot” Rice
Braised Australian Premium Wild Abalone in Golden Sauce
Chinese Watercress Soup
Chinese Fish Congee
Garlic Butter Oyster Mushrooms
Stir-Fried Spring Onion Ginger Fish with Fragrant Sesame Oil
Crispy Chicken with Auspicious Mandarin Orange & Ginger Scallion Sauce