Unsalted Vegetable Stock
or anchovy/kelp broth will be nice
Spicy Korean Chili Paste
Korean Rice Cake
Shape - pipe/sliced. Flavour - Plain/Cheese/Sweet Potato/Yam. It's fun to have mixed flavours for a surprise lava ooze in every bite
or spam/luncheon meat (hotdogs not recommended; it does not afford the same savoury flavour)
Korean Rectangular Fish
2 sheets, cut half horizontally, then lengthwise into 4 squares, and diagonally into 8 triangles
Pork Belly Shabu
Korean Ramyun Noodles
or 2 if you'd like
long/round; any will work
or enoki will work nicely too
Half Boiled Eggs
or quail eggs are fun too!
Baby Abalone/ Scallops
Roasted Sesame Seeds
add more if you'd like
on the side to serve with if you prefer
How to cook
- Wash all vegetables and mushroom. Slice carrots crosswise into circles.
- Cut cabbage into 2x2inch squares.
- Julienne 1 dark green top of leek, set aside for topping.
- 2inch-diagonally chop remaining leek.
- Boil sauce base on medium heat
- Add all the rice cake, fishcakes, meats into sauce once boiling.
- After cooking rice cakes for 10mins, add in vegetables, mushroom sans scallion leek topping.
- After simmering for an additional 5mins, immerse Korean ramyun noodles into broth, without seasoning powder, along with peeled half-boiled eggs.
- If you would like the optional seafood, feel free to add them in now!
- Turn heat off after another 2mins of simmer.
Assemble & serve
- Garnish in this order immediately: with mozzarella, scallion, and sesame seed
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Korean Army Stew, Christmas Edition5.0 (3)
Steamed Garlic Prawns4.5 (2)
Maitake Mushroom Wholemeal Breakfast Wraps
Tomato Fried Rice
New Zealand Superior Wild Abalone Pasta in Red Wine Cream Sauce
Rice Cooker “Claypot” Rice
Dry Laksa Udon with Tiger Prawns
Thai Basil Minced Pork with Rice4.5 (2)
Pizza with Basilico Sauce
Broccoli, Sage & Cashew Pasta
Crispy Skin Pan Seared Salmon
Stir Fry Endives with Fish Cake
Potato And Carrot Mash
Spaghetti with Salmon and Pesto Genovese
Sunshine Pappardelle in Carrot & Leek Cream
Teriyaki Chicken Rice (Inspired by the Changi Airport)
Roast Beef Sliders4.0 (1)