Crab and Seafood Porridge
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
Short Grain Rice
Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
chopped into small pieces
Peanut Butter Jam
Flounder Fish Powder
deskinned and thinly sliced.
Fried Garlic and Its Oil
White Pepper Powder
How to cook
Prepare the prawns
- Use a pair of scissors to remove the sharp parts of the prawn.
- Slice the prawn half, exposing the prawn head to allow the flavor of the prawn to seep into the porridge.
Prepare the clams
- Use a brush and scrub the clam shells under running water to remove any impurities on the shell.
- In a bowl, add in the clams, ice water and 3 tablespoon of salt.
- Soak for at least 30 minutes for the clams to purge out the sand.
- Rinse the clams several times till the water is clear.
Prepare the crab
- Use a brush and scrub the crab under running water to remove any impurities on the shell.
- Make sure the shell are partially cracked.
Prepare the mushrooms
- Soak the dried mushroom in hot water for 1 hour.
- Once it has turned tender, squeeze out the water.
- Use a pair of scissors to remove the stem and cut the mushroom into strips.
Prepare the preserved vegetables
- Place the preserved vegetables in a bowl and rinse it to remove any impurities.
- Use a pair of scissors and cut it roughly.
- Heat up the claypot on low heat then pour in the rice grains.
- Stir fry till the rice turns slightly yellow to increase the fragrance of the rice and quicken the break down into porridge.
- Add in 2.5l of hot water and bring the porridge to a boil.
- Lower the heat to simmer and cook for about 15 minutes until the porridge thickens.
- Stir the porridge and scrap the bottom of the pot gently to prevent the rice grains from sticking to the base of the pot.
- Add in ginger, minced meat, mushroom, and flounder powder then continue to cook until the porridge reaches your desired doneness.
- Add in the crab, prawns, and clams.
- Add in all the seasoning and adjust the taste accordingly.
- The porridge is done when the crab turns orange and the porridge is simmering - do not overcook the porridge as the prawn and clams will dry up.
- Garnish with chopped baby celery and serve.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!