Creamy Mushroom Soup
a few sprigs
Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley
a few sprigs
or chicken stock
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to cook
- Brush the mushrooms clean, then finely slice.
- Peel the onion and garlic, trim the celery and finely slice everything.
- Pick the thyme and parsley leaves, and finely chop the parsley stalks.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery, garlic, parsley stalks, thyme leaves and mushrooms, pop the lid on and cook gently until softened.
- Spoon out 4 tablespoons of mushrooms, and keep for later.
- Pour the vegetable stock into the pan and bring to a boil over medium heat, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper, then whiz with a stick blender until smooth.
- Pour in the cream, bring just back to the boil, then turn off the heat.
- Toast the ciabatta on a hot griddle pan, then top with most of the reserved mushrooms and drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil.
- Spoon the soup into bowls, garnish with the chopped parsley and remaining mushrooms, and serve with the ciabatta crostini on the side.
You may also like
Chicken Soup with Ginger and Shiitake Mushrooms
Fish Maw Soup in Young Coconut
Easy Bean Stew
Chinese Watercress Soup
Festive Seafood Abalone & Fish Maw Soup
Simply Cook Vegetable Kit – ABC Soup
Salmon Head Soup
Double-Boiled Winter Melon Chicken Soup with Black Eye Bean
Sunshine Pappardelle in Carrot & Leek Cream
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Light and Bright Beef Stew
Creamy Seafood Pasta
Prata Pot Pie With Boston Clam Chowder
Sup Ekor (Oxtail Soup)
Japanese Udon Soup
Cream of Tomato Soup
Lion Head Fish Maw Soup
New Zealand Superior Wild Abalone with Red Chili Stew
Italian-Style Chicken Stew