Crispy Chicken with Auspicious Mandarin Orange & Ginger Scallion Sauce
How to cook
Prepare the chicken
- Snip out the spine of the chicken and flatten it.
- Place the chicken, skin side down in a large non-stick skillet that is heating up and press on the chicken lightly to ensure the skin gets as much contact area with the pan as it can.
- Cover the chicken with a piece of aluminium foil.
- Sear the chicken for about 15 mins, until the skin is very crispy.
- Flip the chicken, allow it to cook at low heat for a few more minutes.
Prepare the sauce
- Slice the spring onions thinly and grate the ginger.
- Mince the garlic, finely dice the onion and chilies.
- Cut the mandarins into small bite-sized cubes.
- Place the sliced spring onions and ginger into a metal bowl.
- Heat up the oil until just before smoking, pour the hot oil into the ginger and spring onion mixture. Let it cool down for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the diced red onion, minced garlic, chilies and diced mandarins.
- Season with lemon zest, lemon juice (from about ¼ of lemon), soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and a bit of white pepper.
Assemble and serve
- Spoon over the chicken, top with finely chopped chives and flaky sea salt and dish is ready to serve.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Golden Pumpkin Scallops and Crispy Wanton
Crispy Sweet Tofu
Cod in Garlic-Ginger Broth
Chicken Fried Rice with XO Sauce5.0 (1)
Fragrant Rose Wine Chicken
Marinated Chicken with Black Fungus
Braised chicken wings with ginger and sesame oil
Baked Boneless Masala Chicken Leg with Abalone Marinate
Braised Sea Cucumber, Scallops and Roast Pork Claypot
Prosperity Fish Hor Fun with Fragrant Oil
Impossible Meat Patty
Stir-Fried Spring Onion Ginger Fish with Fragrant Sesame Oil
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
One Pot: Chicken Chow Mein
Glazed Scallop Meatballs
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce
Crispy Fish Asparagus
Chicken and Ham Roulade with Plum Sauce
Braised Australian Baby Abalone in Red Yeast Sauce
Abundant Claypot With Abalone Sauce